AMSA hosts several volunteer events per quarter. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are opening up virtual volunteering opportunities. Scroll through this page for more information or click on a tab below!
Volunteer virtually through FreeRice! To donate to rice, all you have to do is:
1) Create an account at freerice.com
2) Answer trivia questions
3) Any rice you gained will be donated to countries in need!
Once you have donated rice, take a screenshot of your FreeRice profile so we can see how many grains you donated! Click here to submit your screenshot.
Gain shadowing experience virtually through Pre-Health Shadowing! To shadow, all you have to do is:
2) Reserve a shadowing date
3) Submit the certificate you get to AMSA to validate your participation! Click here to submit.
Similar to FreeRice, BeanBeanBean lets you answer questions to donate beans to impoverished countries fighting hunger. To get started:
1) Go to https://beanbeanbean.com/
2) Screenshot how many beans you donated (500 beans = 1 hour)
3) Submit your screenshot here!
For virtual volunteering that's more interactive, try Be My Eyes! This app connects blind and low visioned individuals with sighted volunteers through a video call to aid with daily tasks. To volunteer:
1) Go to https://www.bemyeyes.com/ (or download the app)
2) Set up your profile and volunteer
3) Screenshot your call logs (helping 3 people = 1 hour)
4) Submit your call logs here!